Friday 30 January 2015

More than Word

I know this will sound childish and possibly snobbish. But for some reason (mostly because of several collaborative papers I'm working on at the moment with colleagues that do not use LaTeX), I have spent a good 90% of my working time on MS Word, in the last week or so. 

I have abjured Windows a long time ago and frankly even for maths-free writing, I still think that LaTeX is the best option; but in honesty, I also think that Libre/OpenOffice are not just as good as their corresponding MS Office alternatives. 

Most of the time, WINE is more than enough for my Windows sins $-$ and it has been of late. But I'm really looking forward to finishing these few Word-bound things and go back to Word-free docs!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, LaTeX is always the best option.
    Thankfully, not everything is written on MS Word ;)

    ReplyDelete